Friday, March 27, 2009

I Need a Shoulder to Cry on Because I'm Sick of Sleeping on a Wet Pillow

I am tired of not having a shoulder to cry on and today has been a complete breakdown.

Please, I'm not as angry or emo as all that stuff above sounds. I just needed to get it out of my system. I've been a complete bitch today, and I can't really explain why. One little thing triggered it, and I am just crashing. Senior year is a major bitch. It's been worse than all my other high school years, and my high school experience hasn't been all that great. I am so ready for college. At least my dad will be letting me dorm wherever I go.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way -

SPRING BREAK WAS AWESOME!!!

I got to hang out with a ton of people who I haven't seen for a while. Saturday night, when I first got to SF, I hung out with Andrew and Matthew from DHDH. That was a blast since my parents actually let me go out on my own. We were having a long discussion about where to go, and I was feeling a bit picky that day (after eating In-N-Out Animal Fries -_-;;) so Andrew and Matthew cordially allowed me my pick of sushi. We ended up at a place called sushi boat, and Matthew was greatly entertained by how they priced the items and how the food came around on little boats swimming on water. It was fantastic, even with our sushi epic-fails. Matthew ended up eating mainly California Rolls since he doesn't have an affinity for sushi (according to him he splashes globs of soy sauce on). We were discussing the extreme oddity of the green tea cheesecake, and wondering about random food trays that floated by, when I saw something, covered by plastic wrap, that looked like goi cuon (springroll) with a yellow-orange sauce on top. I exclaimed over that, and Andrew and Matthew just laughed at me for thinking a sushi place would have goi cuon. Andrew took the initiative to try it out, although he said it wasn't that epic. Matthew decided to look for the "most-expensive-yet-rare-plate-of-awesomeness," but when he saw that it was just chunks of tuna, he decided he didn't really need to get it since it wasn't that awesome. After that, we were searching for the middle-priced plate because frankly, we never saw one of those. Matthew began a new trend of lemon-flavored soy sauce, which Andrew and I adopted, and while not epic, it was still pretty tasty. I decided to get a salmon and tuna nigiri, and when I saw the tuna one, Andrew picked it up off of the boat. I thought he was going to give it to me, but he just reached over me and placed it back on another boat floating by... Then Andrew and Matthew decided to fill up one boat all with the same thing. They got three plates of edamame on one boat, thinking edamame wasn't a popular item, but then a boat comes by with just one plate of edamame left and nothing else. Surprised, Andrew and Matthew grab at surrounding edamame plates and pile it back on a boat. A few minutes later, Andrew states, laughing, "Oh man, we got owned by sushi." And indeed we (the switch to 'we' indicating that I was fooled by the sushi also, although I did not partake in their festivities) did. The original boat was floating back with the three original plates of edamame still on it. Well, eventually they got a boat full of edamame, and as promised, I took a picture of it and set it as the background on my phone. Too bad Andrew didn't roll around on the ground - he was debating it.
After that, we decided to go for frozen yogurt. Andrew listened to Matthew and got lost trying to find the freeway. All three of us are pushing curfews, so we decide to look for Cold Stone. Alas, too late, using the GPS we find the nearest Cold Stone to be about 2.3 miles away. Backwards. So we search Baskin Robbins instead because I had my coupon (no clue if it worked in California). We found one, so we bypassed my hotel, I called my parents to let them know we were getting ice-cream, and ended up on El Camino Real where Andrew sees a Quickly (which I now desire to experience). Andrew figures out that well, he screwed himself - dropped his bank card in the mud and de-sensitized it (or de-sanitized it as I originally said). We're about to approach BR31 when Andrew spots frozen yogurt and says, "Look, Nubi Yogurt. I don't know if I trust that place, sounds too new." Ha-ha, ha-ha, very witty XP. We get yogurt, and Andrew, not being a fan of the froyo trend, abstains, saying he only partakes when there are enough people. I figured, even being from CO, I'm just not important enough. It's okay though, my reunion with DHDH people is enough to bring bad weather, and that's all anyone needs XD.

Sunday I go up to Sacramento with my parents and meet up with Anh Phi Hung, long lost Huynh Truong of Doan Thieu Nhi Thanh The Kito Vua Denver. We have a good time, I somewhat help out with the Thieu Nhi sinh hoat. I met a lot of people who I had seen at Dai Hoi Nghia Si III. I played a few games with the people from the Nghia Si Len Duong class, including 7-Up. I figured out the boys love to choi ngu, and they were super-dirty minded. -_-;; Seriouslyyyyy. After that went to go eat with Anh Phi Hung and a couple of Du Truongs. We had a good time. Checked out the UC Davic campus after that, had some frozen yogurt there (though not as cool as Nubi Yogurt). Went back to ChinaTown to eat.

Monday hung out with my cousin Mai Thy. We went down to Monterey Bay (so not worth it) and back up to SF. We got Nubi Yogurt. We checked out Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, and ChinaTown (again). Went down to Grand Century Plaza to eat at Saigon Restaurant. It really is a delicious place.

Tuesday went to Napa Valley, then went back to SF to go to Japan Town. That was pretty awesome, and I got myself green tea ice cream. Went to Westfield Mall after that. If anyone knows me well, they realize I hate shopping, so I ended up not being a big fan of Westfield. Went back to Grand Century to eat. Wasn't as epic food.

Wednesday hunted down the Jessica McClintock warehouse, went to the pier marketplace, went back to Japan Town to get a black yoshi, and then got Nubi Yogurt (again). Then I flew home. After eating not so epic sushi at the airport.

So I had frozen yogurt for a total of four times (three at Nubi Yogurt), and I got green-tea ice cream once. And green-tea flavored frozen yogurt once. It was an awesome experience, and I'm blessed with conservative parents who save enough so I get to travel out-of-state every year. Awesome awesome.

1 comment:

  1. i hope youre ok.

    and for the record, matt also added, "i don't know, andrew...it doesn't seem too experienced to me..." referring to said nubi yogurt.

    i hope we can hang out again =)

    ReplyDelete